Wednesday 12 December 2012

Tackle failure

Whilst sorting my tackle box out I found a broken trace from the end of last season, it is a lure trace made with AFW 100lb single strand titanium. I had saved the trace because the wire had broken on a snag, losing a 10" replicant in the process! The wire seemed to break in 2 places, just after the crimp and at the bend. This was the first time I had used this brand of wire, and the will be the last. I had read good reviews on the AFW wire before buying it, but I will stick to what I know in future.


13ft of AFW free of charge, send me a SAE and I will forward it.
Break just above the crimp and at the bend.
Also today whilst making a few traces my crimping pliers decided to give way, both handles snapped at the same time resulting in 1 x broken finger......


Not the best of mornings really......

No comments:

Post a Comment