Thursday 2 January 2014

Christmas 2013

Normally I am given some really random (shite) fishing related presents for Christmas, such as a heated fishing hat ? etc.... However this year the only fishing related gift I was given was a copy of 'The Eel Angler' by Barry McConnell. I had a quick flick through on Christmas morning and I was very impressed, I didn't get a chance to start reading the book until the day after boxing day. This is one of those books that you pick up and don't want to put down, very inspiring. I am restricting myself to a chapter a day to make it last as I could easily finish it in one sitting otherwise.


It has reinvigorated my interest in catching large eels (well trying to) and I have rejoined the National Anguilla Club. As a Christmas present to myself I managed to get hold of a signed copy of John Sidley's 1985 'Successful eel fishing' to add to my growing collection of angling books.

I haven't managed to get out fishing over the Christmas period and now things have started to settle down at home the rain has started and the river is in flood, hopefully this will settle soon as am I itching to get out and add to the meagre 3 pike I have caught this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment